With NutriKit®, you can teach basic concepts such as:
- Identifying food items from each food group that are included in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Designing menus.
- Presenting a daily eating pattern with real serving sizes.
- Illustrating foods that are rich in nutrients within each food group,
- Demonstrating how to replace less healthy foods and beverages with others that are richer in nutrients.
- Explaining which foods contain added sugars, saturated fats and/or sodium and in what amounts.
- Assessing the total added sugar or fats/oils contained in foods and beverages, as measured in teaspoons.
- Educating clients on the effect of different food preparation methods on caloric content.